Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Business Services Chartered vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Business Services Chartered role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
Business Service Accountants are an important part of a Chartered Accounting firm and are responsible for the preparation of clients' financial statements. The size and industry of the each organisation will vary significantly and is generally linked to the type of speciality of the Accounting practice.
Typical job duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Partner or a Senior Manager in a Chartered Accounting practice, (depending on the size of the business), a Business Services Accountant’s typical job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Producing a set of accounts for a company, trust, partnership, self managed super funds including balance sheet, profit and loss and cashflow statements
- Preparation and lodgement of company and individual taxation returns
- Providing taxation and financial advice to companies, individuals, partnerships and self managed super funds
- Providing advice to companies on their legal structure
- Setting up new legal entities
- Liaising with the ATO on behalf of their clients
- Answering queries from their clients on financial and taxation matters
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- A strong understanding of accounting practices and applicable legal requirements
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external clients
- High level of attention to detail including strong numeracy skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask across multiple clients
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and a wide range of other accounting software packages.
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA or CPA
$50 - 90K + Super
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.