Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Group Accountant vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Group Accountant role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
A Group Accountant plays an essential role within an organisation which has a group structure and is generally responsible for consolidating results for the group as a whole. Group Accountants can also be called Corporate Accountants.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
Typically a Group Accountant reports to the Group Financial Controller and the role can include a range of responsibilities and they can vary depending on the organisation. Typical job duties and responsibilities are focused on group reporting and may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the corporate month end accounting process
- Preparation of the monthly management reports
- Preparation of the Group consolidated financial statements
- Preparation of the ASX financial statements and commentary (if applicable)
- Consolidation of the Group budget for the management reporting pack
- Preparation of the Board reporting pack
- Managing the monthly variance analysis and providing commentary on the financial performance
- Liaising with the external Auditors
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly corporate taxes including FBT, Income tax and quarterly business activity statements (BAS)
- Supervising junior accounting staff
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- Minimum 8 years Accounting experience
- Solid technical background, including consolidated reporting and statutory reporting experience
- Background in Chartered Audit
- Highly organised and structured
- Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
- Professional Accounting qualifications such as CA or CPA
$110 - $140k + Super
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.