Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Treasury Accountant vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Treasure Accountant role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
Typically reporting to the Treasury Manager or Financial Controller, the Treasury Accountant assists the business in managing its treasury function. Generally found in larger, more geographically spread companies with international trading operations, the Treasury Accountant protects the business against currency movements.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
To efficiently manage the treasury function, a Treasury Accountant performs a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These may include but are not limited to:
- Liquidity management for the organisation
- Managing and reporting on the Foreign currency exposure of the organisation
- Processing foreign currency payments
- Conducting scenario and risk analysis
- Forecasting of medium and long- term funding and hedging requirements where applicable
- Daily cash management and debt facilities reporting
- Interest rate risk management
- Development of risk mitigation strategies, including foreign exchange risk strategies
- Preparation of management reports
- Liaison with senior management across the organisation
- Support the month end process where necessary
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- Understanding and experience of Treasury Accounting inlcuding foreign exchange, liquidity, cashflow and various Financial Instruments
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the broader team
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Strong varied experience with accounting software
- Team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple parties
- Good understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt
- Strong knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
$70 - 140K + Super
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.