Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Systems Accountant vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Systems Accountant role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
Typically reporting to the CFO, Financial Controller or Financial Systems Manager (depending on the size of your organisation), a Systems Accountant is a specialist role and acts as an interface between the Finance team and IT department.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
A Systems Accountant can perform a wide range of duties. These may include, but are not limited to;
- Reviewing systems performance and identifying system issues
- Managing system upgrades with the IT department
- Designing and implementing internal system controls (preventative and detective) to provide quality assurance over financial data
- Reviewing and maintaining all financial systems policies and procedures
- Collaborating with IT and financial staff to meet business requirements
- Troubleshooting and fixing finance related system issues
- Training and supporting finance team members in the use of financial systems and procedures
- Working with the IT team to design delivery schedules of systems development
- Working with business intelligence software
Skills and attributes:
Some of the more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- Systems development and finance systems experience
- Broad experience and knowledge of accounting systems
- Experience working in project and BAU environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and train other finance staff
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel macros and other accounting packages
- Degree in commerce/business/accounting or IT
$70 - $120k + Super
- Financial Systems Manager
- Finance Manager
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.