Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Financial Analyst vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Financial Analyst role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
Reporting to the CFO or Commercial Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst aims to increase a company’s efficiency and profitability by providing meaningful commentary on finance results and using their findings to make improvements to the performance of the organisation.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
Financial Analysts work closely with senior stakeholders providing analysis to track and improve performance. They perform a wide range of duties that may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting analysis on financial and operational results to understand company performance
- Reporting to senior management on the reasons behind the product/department performance and results
- Building models and conduct “what if” scenario analyses to identify alternative strategies to improve company performance
- Providing detailed analysis and commentary in relation to areas such as margin analysis and promotional spend
- Reviewing operations and the recommendation of new productivity or cost saving initiatives
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Assisting with forecasting and budget preparation for revenue and costs
- Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for business improvements
- Evaluating previous budgets and expenditure to develop and implement future budgets
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management around cost reduction, streamlining operations and increased revenue generation
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant analytic experience
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Advanced knowledge of financial modelling and business architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to form strong working relationships
- Influencing and interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- Good organisational and administration skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel with the ability to write macros
- Professional Accounting qualification such as CA / CPA / CFA
$80 - $130k + Super
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.