Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Reconciliations Officer vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Reconciliations Officer role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
Typcally reporting to the Financial Accountant or Finance Manager, the Reconciliation Officer helps the business to reconcile transactions across the general ledger and sub-ledgers together with other key accounts.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
To efficiently measure and manage the transactions received to the company by their customers, a Reconciliation Officer must perform a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Reconciling payments to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct transactions
- General ledger reconciliations
- Account reconciliations such as bank, inventory control, clearing, billings etc.
- Issue receipts to customers on receipt of payments
- Performing daily financial transactions such as verifying, calculating and posting accounts receivable data
- Supporting the month end process
- Generating month end reports
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Ability to identify errors
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
$50 - 55K + Super
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.