Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill an Accounts Receivable Officer vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for an Accounts Receivable Officer role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
Overview of the Role:
Typically reporting to the Finance Manager or Accounts Receivable Manager in larger companies, the Accounts Receivable Officer assists the business track revenue and ensure payments are received and accurately recorded.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
To efficiently measure and manage the debts owed to a company by their customers, an Accounts Receivable Officer must perform a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Generate invoices
- Verify and accurately post all payments to the correct invoice/s
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable ledger, bank accounts, foreign currency payments etc
- Support the month end process
- Report on Aged Receivables plus other ad hoc reporting where applicable
- In smaller companies, an Accounts Receivable Officer role and Credit Controller / Credit Officer role may be combined.
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- Accuracy and attention to detail when managing accounting figures and financial records
- Understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to build and manage client relationships
- Ability to work autonomously, yet be part of a broader team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to communicate and coordinate with multiple parties
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
$45 - $60K + Super
- Assistant Accountant
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor / Credit Manager
- National Credit Manager / Shared Services Manager
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.