Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Corporate Accountant vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Corporate Accountant role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
A Corporate Accountant typically sits within the Head Office or Corporate Office and reports to the Finance Manager or Financial Controller and plays an essential role within an organisation by performing a variety of daily duties including the monthly production of financial accounts and management reports, often at the group level. Corporate Accountants can be also known as Group Accountants.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
A Corporate Accountant role can include a range of duties that can vary depending on the organisation. Typical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the month end accounting process
- Preparation of the monthly financial accounts for the Corporate entity
- Preparation of the group's consolidated monthly management reports
- Consolidation of the corporate and divisional budgets and forecasts
- Managing the monthly variance analysis
- Providing commentary on financial performance
- Ensuring all accounts are reconciled accurately
- Liaising with the external Auditors
- Preparation and lodgement of monthly or quarterly business activity statements (BAS)
- Supervising junior accounting staff
Skills and attributes:
The more common skills and attributes that are most needed for this role may include:
- ~ 5 years experience within a Financial Reporting role
- Consolidated reporting experience
- Ability to organise and prioritise daily duties
- Strong level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to take on responsibility and accountability
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to solve problems and verbalise solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience (if relevant)
- Intermediate to Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting software packages
- Professional Accounting qualification such as CA or CPA
$80 - $120k + Super
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.