Job Description & Role Information
For employers looking to fill a Finance Manager vacancy, the following sample position description can help you to attract the best candidates for the role. By tailoring this position description according to your company's specific job requirements, you have an excellent interview tool for comparison purposes.
For job seekers looking for a Finance Manager role, this job description details what the role may involve and what skills and experience are required to give you the best chance of securing the position.
The Finance Manager typically oversees the financial and management reporting of the business and works closely with the CFO/Financial Controller or Business Owner.
Typical job duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager are wide ranging and may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and managing all aspects of the finance department
- Oversight of the month end process including ensuring the completion of the General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliations and production of the P&L statements
- Completion of the commentary around variance to budget
- Cashflow forecasting
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts
- Submitting taxation returns such as BAS, FBT, GST and liaison with external tax specialists
- Liaising with external auditors and banks
- Managing the company’s financial systems
- Providing commentary and analysis around the company’s performance to the management team
- Providing financial advice to managers regarding initiatives to improve the company’s financial performance
- Management of qualified accountants and junior team members
- Skills and attributes:
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
The more common skills and attributes required to be successful in this role includ:
- Minimum 8 years accounting experience
- Staff management experience
- Strong financial reporting and tax experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex issues
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using budgeting, forecasting and reporting tools
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA or CPA
$120-150k + Super
To help start your recruitment process, click here to access our job description template.