Our client is a privately owned and industry leading construction firm. Based in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, the team enjoy a conveniently located, bright and modern office environment.
Their accounting team is led by a talented and personable CFO with an impressive track record of achievement.
Working closely with the CFO, as the Group Financial Controller you will take responsibility for a range of tasks and develop your skills within a fast-paced, hands-on and broad position.
As the Group Financial Controller, your role will include (but not limited to):
- Provide accurate and timely analysis of weekly management reports
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditure.
- Support the process of benchmarking business performance internally; prepare internal benchmark information to specific needs to allow decision making for executives.
- Support the preparation of reports to monitor key performance drivers.
- Support the preparation of accurate management reports on behalf of business units/divisions
- Support the preparation of performance analysis versus developed forecasts, identifying variances and potential influencing factors.
- Assist and drive year end audit and financial statement preparation processes
- Provide key support to CFO and Head of Tax
- Provide financial analysis of new business ideas
- Understanding and interpretation of accounting standards and reporting requirements
In order to be considered for this Group Financial Controller role you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CPA / CA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience working within a mid to large size construction or property development firm in a broad hands-on capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively and confidently liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Deadline driven, dedicated, detailed and results orientated
If you are keen to apply for this Group Financial Controller role, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5645, quoting reference 5939 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.