Our client is an established and well known not-for-profit organisation with a culture of valuing their staff. If you have had enough of big corporates who focus only on the bottom line, then this is an organisation you will feel proud to work for and contribute to.
As an organisation, they are recognised for their services and programs which are designed to give back to the community. They are committed to achieving a standard of excellence in care that is always focused on the individual.
Due to significant funding changes that have taken place in the sector, there are exciting opportunities on the horizon that they are keen to optimise. As such they are now looking for a Financial Accountant to join the business and work with them through a period of internal change within the business.
This Financial Accountant role will work closely with the Finance Manager, encompassing (but not limited to) the following:
- Manage month end P&L processing
- Taking accounts to trial balance and work with the Finance Manager to complete the P&L
- Assist with analysis of P&L along with budgets and forecasts
- Balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments
- Work closely with the AP & AR team to ensure processing is accurate
- Preparation of annual financial statements for all entities, along with prudential compliance returns, data for external audit
- Identify areas for improvement to help deliver more efficient and effective process within the finance team
This is a manual working environment that will require the ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and be responsible for problem solving within their role.
As the ideal applicant for this Financial Accountant role, you will have experience in a similar hands on role in a manual environment. In addition, you will meet the following criteria:
- You have a track record of being willing to drive change rather than escalating a problem to be solved by someone else
- You should be Professionally qualified (e.g. CA, CPA or equivalent) or be working towards it.
- You will have intermediate Excel skills
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to ‘think outside of the square’, challenge the status quo and continuously look for smarter ways to get things done
- Genuine desire to work in a fast paced not-for-profit organisation
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant role, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5870 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.