Our client is mid-tier ASX-listed Financial Services business that provides a range of products to their customers, including wealth management, planning, accounting services and membership-based technical training support. With turnover approaching $60m and with a number of acquisitions still to be bedded down, this is not just a business that has carved out an impressive niche in the marketplace, but has terrific upside.
Due to a number of recent acquisitions, and the decision to centralise and streamline a number of the finance functions, this role has been created to drive that strategy from a process and systems point of view. Reporting to the FP&A Manager, and with a dotted line to the Finance Director this role will have strong project and process improvement focus. More specifically:
- Explore, recommend and implement processes to allow a better flow of information and transactional reporting between the corporate office and the subsidiaries
- Streamline the weekly commission operations from a reconciliations and calculations point of view
- Assist in driving forward a number of system consolidation projects
There will also be a business as usual requirements for this role which include:
- Oversight of AP, AR and when needed, the payroll function
- Assist with Adviser Commissions Revenue Set up, maintenance and processing and payments
- Daily Banking transfers
- Daily Bank Reconciliations
- Coordinating and controlling the company recharges
- Expenses claims processing
- Liaison with Advisers as part of the dealer group network
It’s worth noting that this role is not a traditional accounting role, and whilst you would be sitting in the Finance team, a lot of your role will be transactional and process-improvement focused. To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate a strong process improvement and transactional background. Experience within a commissions based business of Financial services would be of significant advantage as would exposure to Commpay, Easydealer, BMS or any other Brokerage CRM.
If you are keen to apply for this Transaction Accountant role, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5283 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.