Our client is a successful global media business with a highly recognisable brand name. This is a desirable business to work for which is full of life with an upbeat and energetic culture. With modern offices in the CBD, this role represents a unique opportunity to operate in a broad tax capacity. You will report in to a supportive, talented Financial Controller who has a terrific track record of nurturing her team. This is a part time opportunity offering an appealing work life balance.
Due to a resignation, our client is looking for a Tax expert that is immediately available and looking for a temporary to permanent Senior Tax Accountant role (those only wanting a temporary opportunity will also be considered).
This is a role that will provide breadth and variety. As the Senior Tax Accountant you will quickly become the ‘go to’ person for tax related matters.
You will manage the tax compliance lifecycle for the ANZ region ensuring compliance with tax laws and reporting timetables. Reporting in to the Financial Controller and regularly liaising with external tax advisors, your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Periodic reporting and calculation of returns to tax authorities
- Preparation of tax notes for the financial statements and tax effect accounting calculations
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting certificate of payments
- Management of transfer pricing matters
- Maintain company’s tax governance policy
- Prepare and maintain in-house tax guides and provide necessary tax training to relevant finance staff
- Preparation and/or review of related balance sheet accounts
- Calculation of budget for FBT
- Review GST clauses in contracts (as and when required)
- Provide taxation advice for transactions
- Maintenance of franking accounts
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls, corporate governance and external legislation
- Engage with all areas of the business in respect to Taxation and Financial Accounting issues and opportunities
In order to be considered for this Senior Tax Accountant role you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Be professionally qualified (e.g. Master of Tax, CA, CPA or equivalent)
- Either have corporate tax experience within a medium to large sized business or for similar sized clients within a chartered environment.
- Confidence and communication abilities to effectively liaise with stakeholders
- Be comfortable with the majority of the aforementioned tax responsibilities
If you are keen to find out more about this Senior Tax Accountant position, please contact Geoff Balmer at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 5188 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.