Our client is an Australian software organisation which has been a leading provider of services to the retail industry for over 20 years. They are still on a growth trajectory and due to that growth, have created a new role in Finance.
It’s a dynamic business, with strong leadership and a culture of innovation which enables them to stay on the front foot in a competitive market.
This Corporate Accountant role would support the CFO with Financial Accounting. Main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly financial reports covering balance sheet, profit and loss, internal management reports and cashflow statements
- Managing the general ledger including overseeing the monthly balance sheet, banking and inter-company reconciliations
- Completion of the monthly accruals, journals, fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Preparation of GST, FBT, Payroll and Corporate Income Tax returns
- Assisting in the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting
- Ensuring Accounting standards and policies are adhered to
- Reporting consolidated results at a group level (if applicable)
- Assist with software implementation from Xero to new ERP package.
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Assist with R&D applications and analysis
- We are looking for candidates who are fully CA or CPA qualified.
- You will have around 5-7 years of experience in commerce with the CFO specifically looking for someone from a software technology business.
- You will be able to take full responsibility for the month end accounting and be able to use your technical accounting experience to improve processes and procedures.
- Candidates who have experience with large ERP systems such as GP or AX will be highly regarded. Any exposure to R&D capitalisation is also a huge bonus for the client!
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant role, please contact Adele Sycamore at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5647, quoting reference 5426 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.