Our client is a booming and fast paced property / infrastructure business with a forward thinking culture. This is a company that has experienced unparalleled growth within its sector. Their innovation, commitment to service and culture of success make them stand out from their competitors. This company recognises its staff as being integral to their success and as such, offers first class mentoring. With bright, modern, CBD based offices and a management team brimming with talent, this Senior Accountant contract position represents a terrific opportunity.
Working closely with (and being mentored by) a Big 4 trained, CA qualified Financial Controller, you will take on an appealingly broad role offering challenge and variety. This Senior Accountant position has an equal split of month-to-month duties coupled with commercial and value add project involvement. This is a 6 month contract role with the potential to be extended. Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Preparation of month end reports for use by senior management including board reports
- Assisting with the annual budget preparation
- Providing transparency and commentary around variances
- Analysis of business performance
- BAS, PAYG, FBT and payroll tax compliance
- Business partnering with stakeholders across the business
- Ad hoc analysis including risk identification and assessment
- Projects and continuous process improvement initiatives
To be considered for this Senior Accountant position you will ideally meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Either making your first move out of Chartered with a commercial secondment, or,
- Previous Chartered experience prior to having made the move out into a commercial environment.
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CA or equivalent)
- Be excited to take on a position with a broad remit where you can add value, take on responsibility and grow your skillset as the company continues to thrive
- Have a passion for participating in projects and process improvements
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively liaise and partner with multiple stakeholders
If you are keen to find out more about this Senior Accountant position, please contact Oliver McGill at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2016, quoting reference 4468 or click on 'apply now' below.Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.