Our client is a medium sized, private property development company with modern offices in Sydney’s CBD. This is a business that encourages their staff to really own their roles and rewards great performance. They champion the idea of investing in work life balance and allow for flexibility which helps them maintain a high performing environment. You will report in to a knowledgeable CFO who is big on mentorship. Our client’s team is small but efficient and highly qualified. This is a chance to work for a fast paced organisation run by a smart and ambitious CEO.
As the Senior Accountant you will play an influential part in the team as you gain exposure to all areas of the business and develop your operational knowledge. Reporting to a talented CFO you will become a valued second in charge of the finance function taking ownership of much of the day to day accounting responsibilities thus allowing him to take on a more strategic focus. Specific duties will include:
- Complete the financial and management accounting duties for all entities within the group whilst learning the ins and outs of each investment
- Assist in the production of board reports in conjunction with the CFO
- Significant involvement in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Produce insightful analysis on the performance of different entities
- Develop and optimise the accounting systems and controls. They encourage new ideas and process improvement initiatives
- Low volume, high complexity accounting operations responsibilities
Given that you will be part of a small team managing the organisation and owners financial affairs, everyone ‘chips in’ hence there will be a minimal hands on administration element to your role.
To be considered for this Senior Accountant role you must possess the majority of the following attributes:
- A professional accounting qualification e.g. (CA / CPA or equivalent)
- Solid accounting experience gained through either chartered or commerce
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to work in a corporate environment
- Prior experience within property or investment would be highly regarded but is not a pre-requisite
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and implement process changes to help the team operate in the most effective manner
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please contact David Robinson at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2015, quoting reference 4553 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.