Our client is an Australian owned and managed infrastructure business with a strong social responsibility ethic whose highly visible major projects appear nationwide across ports, rail and utility infrastructure. Based in Western Sydney, they value highly their team of over 400 staff and offer a diverse, collaborative environment to for its employees to develop their careers.
Supporting the CFO and the wider Finance Team, this Management Accounting role has a broad focus, but in particular around the critical inventory side of the business. More specifically this role will:
- Manage the lead on their budgeting and forecasting for a number of their projects and corporate
- Maintain the inventory register including inventory ordering and coordinating the monthly stock-take process
- Manage transition from current inventory process to the new ERP system which is currently being implemented
- Manage the Payroll accounting including workers compensation, payroll tax, and superannuation.
- Manage all intercompany billing to joint venture reporting
- Assist with providing monthly reports on designated projects including understanding the project status, costs to date, forecast costs to complete, and comparison to budget
- Forecast and evaluate the financial impacts including assessing and reporting on contingencies
- Liaise regularly with the relevant Project Managers and Construction Managers for the designated projects regarding the actual results and booking appropriate accruals including revising costs to complete
- Assist with reviewing project reports and conduct detailed analyses of results
- Liaise with and support the Project Managers and Construction Managers in the development of the annual budget and monthly forecast processes
- Assist with managing claims processes on projects to ensure timely billing and cash collection of all projects
To be considered for this role, solid management accounting is essential as it makes up a key part of the role. Ideally you will have worked in an infrastructure, manufacturing or a construction style environment where you have had exposure to projects and / or inventory.
You don’t have to be CA / CPA qualified but it would certainly be an advantage!
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644 quoting reference 5331 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.