Our client is a successful e-commerce business that has experienced year on year growth. They are based in North Sydney with modern and open plan offices. Due to an impressive trajectory of growth, an opportunity has arisen identified for a skilled Junior Accountant to join this supportive and hardworking Finance team. You will report directly to a talented CFO who is focused on creating an inclusive and stimulating environment to encourage personal development and training.
This is a broad and hands on Junior Accountant role supporting the CFO. Your tasks will be a mixture of transactional and month end related work that includes the following:
- Preparation of BAS, PAYG, NZ GST, NSW Payroll Tax
- Overseeing the month end close process to deliver timely and accurate monthly reporting
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting end of financial year process
- Reviewing and approving Accounts Payable
- Reviewing payroll across the AU and NZ entities
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar Assistant Accountant role performing month end duties
- Confident to review work, deal with suppliers and proven experience to improve processes and initiate change
- Degree qualified with plans to study or be studying towards a CA/CPA qualification
- Working experience with Xero is highly desirable
- Be a competent communicator and have a desire to learn and develop your accounting abilities
If you are keen to find out more about this Junior Accountant position, please contact Justin Wong at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5646, quoting reference 5780 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.