Our client is a homegrown Australian FMCG phenomenon with an impressive track record of growth and a pioneer in its industry. Having taken the market by storm, it has forced many established players to rethink their growth strategies to deal with this globally recognised FMCG disruptor.
This Group Financial Controller role reports to the Head of Finance, and indirectly to the Chief Financial Officer where they will play an invaluable and business critical role as the business continues to expand both locally and globally.
It’s a newly created role that is being recruited to deal with both the increased reporting requirements as well as next year’s slated ERP upgrade. More specifically the role will:
- Lead and mentor the Financial and Accounting reporting team, including treasury, Group and statutory reporting, and transactional services
- Delivery of the month-end results for the corporate business unit and ensuring all deadlines are met for Group results including all month-end related aspects such as:
- FX issues
- intercompany issues
- group reconciliation
- Oversight of both full and half-year reporting
- Responsible for efficient and effective interim and year end external audit
- Oversight of the Accounts Payable function
- Review of all currency movements and treasury functions
To be considered for this role, you will be CA/CPA qualified with a history of leading large, corporate finance teams, ideally in an ASX or complex, rigorous reporting environment. Any exposure to multinational entity reporting would also be a big advantage.
On the softer side, this role will need a strong and proven people manager who can guide the team through a time of great change and growth. Whilst IQ is always vital, EQ will be even more so.
As the business continues to grow exponentially, this role will only get busier and more complex and will certainly require someone that has a fair amount of grit and ambition to develop with the role and the team.
Being a newly created role, there will be significant opportunities to take on more responsibilities as the business continues to flourish.
If you are keen to find out more about this Group Financial Controller position, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5774 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.