Our client is one of the World’s largest and oldest Financial Institutions. They have been established in Australia for a number of years and an aggressive, and ultimately successful campaign to build its Hedge Fund accounting business has led to immediate demand of a number of key positions, including this Fund Accountant.
Reporting to the Assistant Account Manager, as the Fund Accountant your role will be responsible for the managing the funds’ financial and performance reporting. More specifically this will be:
- Ownership of month-end reporting including preparation of monthly net assets values, unit prices, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for review
- Work with the Group’s Fund Administrator to ensure consistent information flow between general ledger systems.
- Ensure all balances for all entities are supported by audit standard reconciliations
- Update Fund Model on a monthly basis and prepare monthly management accounts incorporating forecast Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Update financial dashboard indicators
- Prepare and reconcile quarterly capital call notices
- Prepare quarterly free-cash distributions
- Update and reconcile quarterly financial accounting reporting model
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Prepare monthly BAS and PAYG submissions to ATO
As the business continues to grow, this role will take on more and more management responsibilities.
To be considered for this role, you will have experience within a full-function Fund / Financial Accounting role and have had experience with hedge fund accounting. Of particular interest would be experience from within Private Equity or an allied industry. Other skill considerations will be:
- Exposure to IFRS
- Suitable qualification such as CA / CPA
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 4414 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.