Our client is an established and reputable business in the insurance sector. This is an ambitious company offering an outstanding working environment – they actively promote health, well-being and work-life balance. Conveniently located close to public transport with bright, modern offices, they have a clear vision for their future and exciting plans to achieve these. This is a business with a high calibre, knowledgeable board that know how to drive a business to success.
Your role as Chief Financial Officer will be both broad and varied, encompassing (but not limited to) the following:
- Lead, motivate and mentor a finance team through a period of change whilst fostering a high performance culture
- Provide accurate and timely business and financial information to the board and other senior stakeholders
- Oversee the smooth running of a trusted and high performing accounting function
- Proactively plan and oversee the annual budget process
- Drive process improvement initiatives and contribute to business wide value-add projects
- Add value as a member of the senior management team
- Provide strategic advice and business partner with the CEO and wider Senior Executive team
- Advise on the financial implications of operational and business decisions and ensure proposed activities are financially sound
This is an all-encompassing position that will see you working at the highest levels yet also requires the ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and be ‘in’ the detail.
As the ideal applicant for this Group CFO role, you will need to have previously helped drive business strategy, push through process improvement initiatives, and operated as a trusted business partner to boards and committees. In addition you will meet the following criteria:
- Prior experience working in a lead finance capacity e.g. CFO, Head of Finance, Finance Director or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience working within a medium to large sized insurance organisation is a prerequisite
- Strong commercial acumen coupled with proven ability of working in a fast paced and dynamic market
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CA, CPA or equivalent)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to ‘think outside of the square’, provide strategic advice, challenge the status quo and continuously look for smarter ways to achieve business outcomes
If you are keen to apply for this Group Chief Financial Officer role, please contact Chris Ballinger at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2014, quoting reference 4537 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.