Our client is one of the world’s largest and oldest financial institutions. They have been established in Australia for a number of years and an aggressive, and ultimately successful, campaign to build its hedge fund accounting business has led to an immediate demand for a number of key positions, including this Fund Accountant. With a strong focus on professional development, our client supports the growth and development of each individual in the business.
Reporting to the Assistant Account Manager, as the Fund Accountant your role will be responsible for the managing the funds’ financial and performance reporting. More specifically this will include the following responsibilities:
- Prepare financial statements and footnotes, including month end and trial balance
- Prepare and coordinate financial data analysis
- Ownership of month-end reporting including preparation of monthly net assets values, unit prices, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for review
- Operate as a contact for clients and work in a partnership
- Ensure all balances for all entities are supported by audit standard reconciliations
- Participate in implementation and improvement within the internal accounting system
- As the business continues to grow, this role will take on more and more management responsibilities
To be considered for this Fund Accountant role, you will ideally have the following qualities:
- 1-2 years’ experience within Business Services
- Studying towards a CA/CPA qualification (or equivalent)
- A positive attitude with a desire to take on new challenges and build on your duties
If you are keen to apply for this Fund Accountant role, please contact Jelena Majstrovic at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2013, quoting reference 4655 or click on 'apply now' below.Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.