Our client is a well-known financial services business - a leader in their field. This company has cemented their position in the market by offering innovative client solutions and getting results. Working as the Financial Controller, you will enjoy being part of a true team environment where everyone works together for the good of the business. You will work with peers who are professional, talented and above all welcoming and upbeat. This is a business with industry leading staff retention rates - which speaks volumes about their culture and work environment.
As the Financial Controller you will be the right hand person to the Head of Finance. Your role will include:
- Leading and managing a finance team of 4
- Taking ownership and preparation of statutory accounts in line with IFRS and GAAP
- Oversight and production of the P&L, Balance Sheet, Trail Balance & Cash Flow Statements across the group
- Ownership of Taxation return obligations (Income Tax, BAS & FBT)
- Building relationships with internal stakeholders, including the Executives, the board, Operations, Risk, Compliance, and external stakeholders, including Audit & Tax service providers, regulators and banks
- Leading the annual audit engagement and production of Financial Statements
- Assisting the Head of Group Finance with ASX Listing requirements and Corporate Secretarial responsibilities
To be considered for this Financial Controller role you must possess the majority of the following attributes:
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, CIMA - or be close to qualification)
- Big 4 Chartered background would be highly desirable
- Prior experience in a similar financial reporting commercial role
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Prior experience working in Financial Services would be highly desirable
If you are keen to find out more about this Financial Controller position, please contact Chris Ballinger at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2014, quoting reference 4411 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.