Our client is a homegrown Australian services success story with an impressive track record of growth and a pioneer in its industry. A significant Board-driven mandate to transform the business, has led to significant interest and investment in the Finance function, in particular, the roll-out of a new ERP.
This Financial Controller role reports to the Head of Finance, and indirectly to the Chief Financial Officer where they will play an invaluable and business critical role as the business continues to expand its nation footprint as they undergo a significant finance transformation.
It's a newly created role that is being recruited to deal with both the increased reporting requirements as well as next year’s slated ERP upgrade. More specifically the role will:
- Play a critical role in the lead out of the ERP upgrade including acting as the Finance representative for all system related matters during roll-out
- Working closely with key Finance leads across the business to understand their reporting requirements
- Delivery of project outcome within scope and on time
- Assisting the finance team with system requirements
- Workshop systems design and build, facilitate test plans and prepare training materials
- Produce and ensure all project governance matters including project plans, management strategies and budgets
- Assist the Head of Finance with the monthly, half and full year high-level production of results.
To be considered for this role, you will have significant experience in not just leading a company wide systems upgrade, but also to have played a key hands-on role in its implementation. You will also be familiar with the challenges of working with multiple, invested stakeholders.
Whilst the client is systems agonistic about the background, experience within Microsoft mid-tier systems such as 365, AX or Navision would be an advantage.
On the softer, side this role will need a strong, and proven people manager who can guide the team through a time of great change and growth. Whilst IQ is always vital, EQ will be even more so.
As the business continues to grow exponentially, this role will only get busier and more complex and will certainly require someone that has a fair amount of grit and ambition to develop with the role and the team.
Being a newly created role, there will be significant opportunities to take on more responsibilities as the business continues to flourish.
If you are keen to find out more about this Group Financial Controller position, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5839 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.