Our client is one of the world’s leading international law firms with offices around the globe. With experts working with clients across a range of issues, they are especially regarded for their advice in finance and corporate legal matters. Their commitment to excellence for their clients has earned our client a fantastic reputation for delivering excellence in all they do. Based in Sydney’s CBD in state of the art offices, this is a firm that any General Manager will be proud to work for.
As the Financial Controller and General Manager, the objectives for your role are to oversee a team in order to provide high quality financial support and business advice to the Partners and key stakeholders on various aspects of the business whilst optimising profitability and ensuring the smooth running of the office. With a dual reporting line to both the Regional CFO and OMP, you will be the key financial business partner to multiple stakeholders on all financial management matters. This will involve building close working relationships and interaction with the Partners, both one-on-one and as a group. You will have full and clear oversight of the financial operations of the firm to enable you to make decisions on the day to day running of the function. You will also prepare and deliver in-depth financial analysis and insights and will be responsible for driving through strategic initiatives from the overseas office.
To be considered for this Financial Controller / General Manager role, you should have the following skills and attributes:
- CA / CPA qualified or equivalent
- Legal industry and/or professional services (medium to large) experience is essential
- Prior experience working in a CFO, FC or other senior finance position
- Prior or current experience of working in an international business with exposure to foreign exchange
- Proven experience of business partnering and building effective relationships across an organisation with senior stakeholders
- Experience in managing a team and mentoring staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commercial acumen with the ability to negotiate, influence and make decisions
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Controller / General Manager role, please contact Louise Kelly at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5643, quoting reference 4752 or click on 'apply now' below.Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.