Our client is a highly active and respected construction business. They have a great reputation based on their longstanding presence and high quality of work.
This is a progressive company with a professional, uplifting family-feel culture. With modern offices based in Sydney’s CBD you will enjoy an inspiring and modern working environment.
As a business they have exciting plans in the pipeline with a goal of doubling in size in the next three years.
Your role as Financial Controller will report to a talented Director who has an accounting background coupled with regular interaction with the MD and other senior stakeholders.
In this broad and hands-on role, you will effectively take the lead finance role from a day to day accounting perspective and you will quickly become the go-to person for any of the business’s Finance / Accounting queries.
In brief your role will manage the finance function including:
- Direct management of one Assistant Accountant
- Production of the monthly financial statements
- Completion of all month-end accounting and reporting responsibilities
- Ensuring all projects have been correctly accounted for
- Maintenance of the WIP accounts
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and loan accounts
- Preparation of the accounts for BAS reporting
- Ownership and lodgment of tax-related obligations
- Working within and developing finance procedures both within the team and for the entire company
- Management of cash flow and its forecasting
- Production of regular forecasts and WIP reports
- Communicating with the finance team and office as a whole
- Management of the finance system
- Ad hoc duties as required
To be considered for this Financial Controller role, you will need to meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Experience working in construction, fit-outs, interior design, architecture, or related industries is a pre-requisite
- Familiarity producing WIP reports complete with commentary and analysis
- Have worked in a broad, all-encompassing finance role previously
- Willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and do some of the more simple accounting tasks whilst also being able to confidently support all levels of stakeholders with financial advice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- IT literate
Those that have worked in the capacity of Senior Accountant, Head of Finance, Finance Manager roles or similar in relatable construction businesses are encouraged to apply.
If you are keen to find out more about this Financial Controller position, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 5844 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.