Our client is a family office that owns a sizeable and well-known private business along with a host of other interests. Based in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, their team enjoy a conveniently located, bright and modern office environment.
Their accounting team is led by a talented and personable CFO with a significant background working in the family office space. Working closely with the CFO, as Financial Controller you will take responsibility for multiple family members and numerous entities and trusts.
As the Financial Controller your role will include (but not limited to):
- Supervising, mentoring and motivating 1 CPA qualified Accountant
- Working as a key financial “sounding board” to family members
- Preparation of the weekly management reports with a view to ensuring transparency around performance
- Monitoring and managing cash flow
- Management of bank finance and banking relationships
- Regular liaison with investment advisors
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and tax matters
- Manage year end audit and financial statement and tax processes
- Prepare year end audit files
- Prepare annual financial statements and tax computations for audit
- Managing BAS preparation and lodgement
- Provide accounting and tax advice in relation to decisions and investments
In order to be considered for this Financial Controller opportunity you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Experience working with a High Net Wealth Family Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively and confidently liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CPA / CA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Deadline driven, dedicated, detailed and results orientated
- Tax experience looked upon highly (companies, trusts, superfunds, charity foundation)
- Understanding of superfunds and the rules that govern them
- Understanding of use of trusts and companies in family groups
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Controller role, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 5723 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.