Our client is a well-known and reputable financial services business. This company continues to grow and as a result is a great place to develop both your skill set and career. With regards to culture, this is a business which spends a huge amount of time and energy ensuring that their staff enjoy coming to work each day. Based in the heart of the Sydney CBD, you will report into a talented Manager whilst also enjoying regular interaction with the Executive team and a variety of other stakeholders. The team is collaborative and exactly the right size for you to be able to play a significant role whilst also having plenty of senior peers to learn from.
Your role as the Financial Controller will offer appealing breadth. As you master tasks, there will continuously be opportunities to take on additional challenges ensuring your skill set is always evolving. Initial tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Management and stewardship of the finance team of 2
- Ensure that adequate systems are in place to provide for accurate financial analysis and reporting
- Business partner with Sales & Operations as well as the Executive team on business performance ·
- Take ownership of the month-end reporting, including the financial commentary ·
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts ·
- Provide financial analysis as needed, in particular for capital investments and pricing decisions
- Oversee the AR / AP and Payroll functions to ensure efficient and timely processes ·
- Managing both the internal and external audits and preparation of the work papers
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated Financial Controller to take their experience to the next level whilst having a significant involvement in projects that will add value to any CV such as automation and driving process improvements.
To be considered for this Financial Controller role you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Fully qualified (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Worked in a similar broad leadership position in a small to medium sized business
- Proven track record of progression and achievements is a must
- You may be currently working as a Finance Manager looking for a step up or already in a Financial Controller role looking for a new challenge
- Strong business partnering skills coupled with excellent communication skills
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Controller role, please contact Chris Ballinger at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2014, quoting reference 5623 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.