Our client is a highly active and respected design and project business in Sydney’s buoyant commercial and retail market. They have 3 offices, both locally and one also based offshore in Asia where there have access to one of the fastest developing markets in the world. Their culture is 2nd to none where they actively empower their staff to play an important role in their business as well as encourage them to participate in their health and wellness programs.
This Financial Controller position reports to one of the Partners. It’s an all-round role and is the effective Head of Finance and the go-to person for any of the business’s Finance / Accounting queries. In brief the role will manage the Finance Function including:
- Production of the Financial Statements
- Assist with all business analysis and planning
- Completion of all Month-end accounting and reporting responsibilities
- Ensuring all invoices in Xero are correct and up to date
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and loan accounts
- Preparation of the accounts for BAS reporting
- Ownership and lodgment all of tax-related obligations.
- Ensuring all month-end accounting duties are carried out accurately and on-time
- Working within and developing finance procedures both within the team and for the entire company
- Management of cash flow and its forecasting
- Ad hoc duties as required
To be considered for this Financial Controller role, a SME background, most likely from consultancy or project style background would be ideal. You may have originally had a role as a Financial Controller or Finance Manger and happy to move across, or even be a Management Accountant looking for a step up. Exposure, or at least a keen interest in the design, project or construction industry will be highly regarded. Whilst a CA / CPA (or equivalent) will be useful;, its not essential.
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5416 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.