Our client is an award-winning Australian technology business and a leader in their field. This company has cemented their position in the market by offering innovative client solutions and getting results.
Working as the Financial Controller, you will enjoy being part of a true team environment where everyone works together for the good of the business.
You will work with peers who are professional, talented and above all welcoming and upbeat. This is a business with industry leading staff retention rates which speaks volumes about their culture and work environment.
As the Financial Controller you will be the right-hand person to the Head of Finance but also work very closely with the COO, Head of Strategy and the CEO. Your role will include:
- Manage the upkeep of corporate governance standards and measures and ensuring compliance to statutory requirements
- Manages a team of 3 direct reports and a wider team of 11
- Manage treasury, credit controls and cash management to maximise liquidity for daily operational requirements
- Maintain strong financial controls, including review of reconciliations for all general ledger and bank accounts
- Review and, in conjunction with support staff, post all journal entries affecting the general ledger
- Relationship management of external auditors, bankers and government authorities on financial governance requirements
- Responsible for all tax-related issues and liaise with tax authority with all the tax declaration affairs
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of integrity and confidentiality of the procurement process and proper adherence to procurement policies and procedures
- Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of proposed services, supplies and equipment; conducts cost and quality comparisons and analysis
To be considered for this Financial Controller role you must possess the majority of the following attributes:
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, CIMA)
- Have started your career in a Big 4 or 2nd tier chartered firm
- Prior experience working in a broad full function Financial Controller role and hold up-to-date knowledge of local tax regulations ·
- An exceptionally strong technical background with exposure in a compliance role
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing work environment
If you are keen to find out more about this Financial Controller position, please contact Chris Ballinger at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2014, quoting reference 5327 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.