Our client is a leading Australian Agriculture business with controlling interests with food and beverage production assets. They are one of Australia’s largest vertically integrated fresh fruit businesses across cold storage, packing sheds and downstream facilities. As part of their continuing expansion, they have identified the need for a Financial Controller to support the CFO in providing robust and accurate accounting processes and to manage a remote finance team.
Working closely with the CFO, this newly created role will manage a Finance and Administration team of 9 staff spread over two states. The role has been designed to bring financial clarity and rigour to the function as they prepare for a merger of their key businesses. More specifically this role will be responsible for the:
- Review of all month-end processes and balance sheet recs
- Consolidation of all 12 reporting entities including elimination journals
- Close off and review of Month-end
- Preparation of the yearly budgets in conjunction with the Farm managers, Operations team and Executive Team
- Drafting of Board reports
- Analysis of budget vs actuals and production of cashflow statements and forecasts
- Management of a Finance and Admin team of 9 staff
- Travel to regional centres once a month for 3 to 4 days
To be considered for this role, ideally you would come from either an Agriculture background, or a related industry such as Distribution, FMCG or Manufacturing. You will be CA / CPA qualified and a background in Audit / Chartered would be highly advantageous. You will also be a very effective communicator as you will need to regularly interact with Farm Managers, and with your team who are remotely based. You will also need to travel on occasion to regional centres.
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Controller role, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5234 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.