Our client is a multinational professional services business which continues to grow at pace across the region. Offering their clients services that are second to none means they understand and value the importance of striving for success. There is a supportive management team in place that continuously endeavor to offer their employees variety, challenge and a first class working environment. A huge effort is put in to ensure each and every team member enjoys coming to the office each day and being part of a culture of success.
As the Financial Controller you will have the chance to join this high performing environment in a business partnering role, working closely with the senior executive team. You will report to a talented and upbeat COO. You will be the top finance person in Australia and take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the finance function whilst overseeing a well organised accounts team. You will lead 4 direct reports and your role will include (but not be limited to):
- Business partnering with multiple key stakeholders
- Providing value add reporting and analysis
- Financial planning and analysis to support the growth strategy
- Monitoring and reporting on Consultant KPIs along with detailed revenue analysis
- Providing advice and recommendations to senior management regarding pricing
- Preparing annual budgets, forecasts and monthly management reporting
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting financial results against budgets, goals and historical performance while identifying improvement opportunities
- Liaising with internal and external auditors, ensuring compliance with taxation including GST, income tax and withholding tax
- Undertaking occasional business trips across Australia and the wider region
Further, you will also be involved in fascinating project work, answering adhoc requests from Managers/departments across the organisation and driving cost efficiencies and best practice initiatives.
We are keen to chat with talented accounting professionals who meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Exposure to the majority of the aforementioned tasks
- Currently working in a broad Financial Controller, Finance Manager (or equivalent) position
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
- Experience working in both chartered and commercial will be highly regarded
- Previous staff management experience
- Proven analytical ability with a thirst for understanding the reasons ‘behind the numbers’
- Demonstrable track record of progression and achievement
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to be able to effectively liaise with numerous stakeholders
- Those with experience working in positions reporting in to an overseas parent will be viewed favourably however this is not a pre-requisite
Although this is a role in which you will oversee the finance team, it is also required that you be willing to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and ‘do’ when required. Coupled with this, you should have proven ability in training, up-skilling and motivating others.
Please call David Landau at Richard Lloyd for more information regarding this Financial Controller role on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference number 4438 or click on apply below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.