Our client is a medium sized, market leading wholesale and distribution business with a reputation for excellence. They have a presence in many of Australia’s prominent retailers and are expanding rapidly.
Currently they are searching for a Financial Analyst / Management Accountant to join their finance team. This organisation has a professional, friendly and upbeat open plan working culture and encourages a work life balance.
This role will report into an energetic and talented Financial Controller that has a passion for developing her team. Coupled with this, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the CFO and multiple other stakeholders.
As the Financial Analyst / Management Accountant, your responsibilities will be broad and will involve appealing exposure, business partnering across the organisation.
Working closely with the CFO and FC, you will provide meaningful insights and be given the opportunity to truly make your mark and become a prominent voice in the company.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Preparation and maintenance of annual three-way budgets
- Preparation of forecasts
- Preparation of business analysis such as customer profitability, product profitability, sales reporting, etc.
- Gradually taking ownership of the preparation of presentations for Investors, Bankers, the Board and other stakeholders.
- Coordination of the board pack preparation - analysis and commentary
- Working closely with Department Managers to provide insights and advice
- Building models for M&A purposes
- Preparation of five year plans
- Preparation of regular sales reporting
- Preparation of operational reports
- Rebate reporting
- Ad hoc involvement in projects and business improvement initiatives.
To be considered for this Financial Analyst / Management Accountant role you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Proven confidence and character to work closely with senior stakeholders; both finance and non-finance
- Demonstrable analytical knowhow with prior involvement in adding value to decision making processes
- Prior analytical exposure – getting behind the reasons for the numbers and providing meaningful commentary/advice for improvements
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CA / CPA / CIMA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong attention to detail coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel along with Powerpoint experience
Those who are encouraged to apply may have previously worked as a Management Accountant, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst or in a broad Senior Accountant position incorporating analysis, projects etc. Candidates making a first time move out of Chartered are also welcome to apply.
If you are keen to find out more about this Financial Analyst / Management Accountant role, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 5611 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.