Our client is a household name in the retail space in Sydney, and across Australia. They have a unique business, selling their products in various ways and channels creating a niche market.
The finance and wider operational team boast great tenure and work cohesively to achieve the company objectives. They are very welcoming to new employees and will make you feel at home.
This 12-month Senior Financial/Management Accountant contract role includes the following responsibilities:
- Management of one junior accounts staff
- Preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet for review for Board packs
- Analysis of P&L and balance sheet variances including commentaries where required
- Cash flow – Daily review of cash balances and provide management with forecasted requirements for the week
- Assist with budget forecasting - Preparing analysis and costings of overhead expenses for management review
- Balance sheet reconciliations – All monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Review weekly payments – Ensuring creditors are paid, reconciliations completed, and work completed within set deadlines
- Review payroll calculations and payments
- Assistance with the June year-end and audit process
- Facilitation of the audit process
To succeed in this Senior Financial / Management Accountant role, you should:-
- Be CA or CPA qualified
- Have broad experience across the aforementioned tasks
- Be able to confidently manage and coordinate the month-end process
- Possess strong financial and management accounting skills across a full-function role
- Be able to work effectively in a busy, sometimes chaotic environment!
- Have excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with both operations and sales staff to provide relevant and timely information
If you are keen to apply for this Senior Financial / Management Accountant role, please contact Adele Sycamore at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5647, quoting reference 5973 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.