As part of a large privately owned multi-national manufacturer, our client has significant operations in Australia across a number of brands. With ongoing growth expanding their operations, Senior Management have identified the need for a qualified and driven Financial Accountant to join it’s well-established Finance team.
Reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller, and with numerous touch points across the business from operations, to sales / marketing and finance this role will be changed with ensuring the month-end close is conducted smoothly and will assist in the timely delivery of the Financial reporting. More specifically this will involve:
- Ensuring all month-end duties are completed including bank reconciliations, reconciliation of Fixed Assets, prepayments, petty cash, reconciliations of AR, AP and all cash sales.
- Preparation of the P&L for month-end
- Managing of tax obligations including BAS, FBT and payroll tax, including calculations
- Assisting the Finance Manager and Financial Controller with monthly and annual financial reporting
- Quarterly submission of customer data to select Suppliers
- Support the Finance Manager with adhoc tasks
As the business continues to expand locally, there will be clear opportunities for the successful candidates to enjoy promotion up into the Management team.
To be a consideration for this role, you will have solid General Ledger and month-end experience, preferably from within a medium to large business, and feel comfortable taking ownership of their role. Exposure to Navision would be a significant advantage.
But most importantly, this role will suit someone with a real passion for driving change and bringing a fresh set of ideas into the business. Process change is being driven across the organisation so someone with a growth mind-set will be warmly welcomed.
Part or fully qualified CA / CPA (or equivalent) would also be of advantage.
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant role, please contact Kent Maxwell at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 4472 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.