Our client is a leading player in the global Insurance industry. With a head office domiciled overseas, and with operations spanning multiple international jurisdictions, they have a track record of growth and are well regarded as a pioneer in their industry. They continue to perform well hence this newly created role being recruited.
With their innovative and successful business strategy, it has forced many established players to rethink their approach. This role offers real scope to interact with stakeholders and investors both here and abroad.
On offer is an inclusive, forward thinking and nurturing environment. Your role will report to a talented FC with a strong track record of creating high performance teams.
Your role as Financial Accountant will sit within the wider finance team and will support the continued growth of the organisation. Directly reporting to the Financial Controller (ANZ), you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the delivery of the month-end results for the corporate business units including consolidations, FX movements, intercompany issues and group reconciliations
- Ensure the half and full-year reporting is completed within timeframes
- Acting as the key contact for all interim and year-end external audits
- Preparation of detailed variance analysis reports with commentary
- Ensure all the statutory and regulatory reporting requirement are adhered to
- Assisting the Financial Controller as needed with ad-hoc analysis and answering requests from the wider business
As well as the above requirements, there will also be opportunities to drive process improvements and lead various projects to automate the finance functions.
To be considered for this Financial Accountant role, you will have experience in one of the following areas:
- Audit experience gained within a chartered environment.
- Financial Accounting experience gained within an Insurance or Financial Services enterprise, or,
- A combination of the above.
You will hold a professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA / CPA / CIMA / ACCA) or be on the cusp of completing your accreditation.
You may be looking to move in to the commercial arena, or have already gained experience within this field.
As the business continues to grow both domestically and internationally, this role will expand, becoming more complex and will certainly enhance your knowledge and long-term career prospects.
This role is ideally suited to an individual that is driven and ambitious to develop their career.
Being a newly created role, there will be significant opportunities to take on more responsibilities as the business continues to flourish.
If you are keen to find out more about this Financial Accountant position, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5645, quoting reference 5874 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.