Our client is a renewable energy business with a global presence. Having recently established themselves in Australia they are backed by a huge parent company and have put in place an outstanding leadership team to steer the business on their ten year strategy.
The team is made up of smart, collaborative and energising personalities that have chosen to be part of this exciting journey knowing that this rare opportunity can provide exposure that will be hard to better anywhere in Sydney. This business has a ten year plan to be a major player in their market and they seek those who will share their excitement and want to play a role in this success story.
There will be an exciting trajectory both for your career and the business. This is a unique chance to join a company that is in its early days locally, yet has the resources to make them a significant market presence exceptionally quickly. As the business grows, so will your skillset, the team and the chance to choose the direction you wish to pursue in the future.
This multi-faceted Financial Accountant position will quickly evolve. As with any high growth environment, initially your role will be hands on and all-encompassing as you work with the Head of Finance to put in place the financial frameworks to support their planned growth.
Using your technical accounting knowledge, you will build the infrastructure and processes required to:
- Ensure that the controls, procedures and local application of the Group’s accounting policies are correctly applied and satisfy both local regulatory and statutory compliance obligations
- Produce timely and accurate financial reporting; both internal management reporting and statutory reporting
- Produce annual statutory accounts
- Business partner and work collaboratively with other departments such as IT, Risk and Commercial to ensure robust and accurate financial reporting
Additionally, you will need to:
- Provide technical guidance on IFRS accounting treatments and policies
- Work closely with the Head of Finance on a range of management accounting and analytical tasks which will ensure a complete view across the finance function
To be considered for this Financial Accountant position you will meet the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CA, ACA, ACCA, etc.)
- Have knowledge of IFRS and be a technically strong Accountant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to liaise confidently with stakeholders
- Right attitude – have what it takes to join a business at an early stage in Australia and be willing to roll up your sleeves whilst getting involved in a broad variety of tasks / projects as and when required
Those with asset management experience from energy, gas or environmental markets are encouraged to apply.
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant role, please contact Chris Ballinger at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2014, quoting reference 5731 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.