Our client is synonymous with the FMCG industry and has been a darling of the ASX for a number of years now, frequently impressing analysts and shareholders with their continuing growth and strategic plans. With offices locally and globally across Asia, Europe and the US, this business is poised to continue its growth trajectory for years to come. This is an ideal time to be involved in a genuinely exciting business.
Sitting in an established Finance team of 20 locally, and with a number of other supporting accountants around the globe, this role reports to the Senior Financial Accountant within the Financial Reporting team. It will provide invaluable accounting support for a number of functions, including tax, treasury and Financial Reporting. More specifically this role will:
- Contribute to the completion of the month-end processes and reporting accurately and on time
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare bank reconciliations including Debtor Finance Facility reconciliation
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations and manage group intercompany matrix
- Evaluation and provide analysis on intercompany account balances
- Revaluate foreign currency accounts (AUD, USD, EUR, GBP and RMB)
- Maintain weekly foreign currency rates in the accounting systems
- Maintain and evaluate Fixed Assets and Intangible register
- Management of prepayments
- Contribute to the completing of the Statutory reporting
- Update and provide analysis on monthly reports
Finally the role will provide support to the Senior FA and Group Financial Controller as required.
To be considered for Financial Accountant opportunity, you must meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Have started your professional qualification (i.e CA / CPA or equivalent)
- Prior experience with month-end process, including preparation of the General Ledger, bank reconciliations and transactional accounting
- Prior exposure to intercompany reconciliations will also be highly beneficial
- Strong attention to detail coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills
A bright, enthusiastic nature will also go a long way to helping you secure an interview with this employer of choice.
If you are keen to apply for this Financial Accountant role, please contact Kylie Bonafini at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2011, quoting reference 4671 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.