Our client is a highly respected and well known not-for-profit organisation based in the CBD with a culture of truly valuing their staff. If you have had enough of big corporates who focus only on the bottom line, then this is an organisation you will feel proud to work for. Reporting to a knowledgeable and friendly Financial Reporting Manager, this business is known for investing in their staff and providing mentoring at all levels.
As the Financial Accountant your role will be broad and varied. Your responsibilities will focus around the month end process and will include, but not be limited to the following:
- P&L and Balance Sheet preparation
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Preparation of financial reports and analysis
- Financial reporting for year end
- Preparation and lodgement of BAS
- Fixed assets maintenance
- Identify and advise management of variances, anomalies, discrepancies and trends in budgets
- Ensure statutory compliance
- Coordinate the provision of information to auditors
- Processing payroll in the absence of the Payroll Officer
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting Manager and assist as required
- Other ad-hoc projects from time to time
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following attributes:
- Be a professionally qualified accountant (e.g. CA / CPA)
- Have previous experience working in a broad Financial Accounting role including preparation of BAS statements
- Experience of processing end to end payroll so that you can take ownership of this task in the absence of the Payroll Officer
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and have a positive and upbeat attitude
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please contact Louise Kelly at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5643, quoting reference 5176 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.