Our client is one of the world’s best-known insurance firms offering a variety of services to the domestic and international markets. They are a high-profile player in the global insurance space, enjoying a long history of solid and continuous growth. The business provides their team with corporate offices in Sydney’s CBD conveniently located close to public transport, coupled with a strong team culture and supportive approach.
Your role as a Finance Manager will see you working in a medium sized Financial Reporting team and taking responsibility for a range of financial accounting and project work. More specifically, you will be responsible for the:
- Leading both onshore and offshore finance teams (2 and 4 team members respectively)
- Preparation of the half and full year ASX Financial Statements
- Liaison and responsibility for both the with the internal and external audit
- Month-end financial accounting procedures
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for the consolidated group, major subsidiaries
- Preparation and review of GL reconciliations
- Capital expenditure monitoring and liaison with other departments
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reporting pack
This role will provide exposure across all areas of Financial Accounting whilst giving you the opportunity to liaise with senior level executives across the business. As the Finance Manager, you will have the chance to be involved with a range of interesting projects and process improvement initiatives, adding yet another dimension to this attractive role.
To be considered for this Finance Manager role, you should possess strong technical financial knowledge and relevant industry qualifications (e.g. CA/CPA). Ideally you will also have:
- Team management experience within a large matrix style enterprise
- Insurance industry experience is highly advantageous
- Financial Services or related industry would also be highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential in order to succeed in this role
If you are keen to apply for this Finance Manager role, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5644, quoting reference 5697 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.