Our client is a Not for Profit Arts organisation. They pride themselves on being one of the world’s most prestigious and innovative training organisations. They represent Australia on a global stage, motivating and empowering our talent with this training and the ongoing opportunities they provide. Everyone that works in the business is passionate and professional. You would be joining a team that works cohesively to achieve their goals. This role works closely across the business with all stakeholders including the board, marketing and administration.
This Finance Manager role has a very broad range of responsibilities initially including:
- Oversight of the full finance function, property and IT
- Board reporting
- Responsible for the preparation and revision of budget estimates and long term forecasts of operational and capital expenditures as part of the annual strategic planning process. Ensure funding and expenditure changes are reported in an effective and transparent way
- Be responsible for cashflow management and treasury duties including oversight of the various investment funds administration, with a view to maximising returns on all invested funds
- Preparation and submission of the financial accounts and statements in accordance with statutory requirements, including managing the annual audit.
- Manage the government reporting process including production long term Strategic Plan, Business Plan and risk Analysis
- Oversee the administration of the office, ensuring equipment and infrastructure are in working order. Ensure adherence to the contractual aspects of building maintenance
There is a lot of scope in this role to take on more responsibility at a strategic and operational level once you master the fundamentals of the finance duties.
To be considered for this Finance Manager role the essential criteria are:
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- Proven experience working in a Finance Manager or similar role in a small organisation in a broad role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present to the Board
- Experience facilitating the audit process
A strong preference will be given to candidates who have an interest in the Arts or Music. If you have worked in a not-for-profit or strongly regulated business with an understanding of grants and funding that is also desirable.
If you are keen to apply for this Finance Manager role, please contact Adele Sycamore at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5647, quoting reference 5048 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.