Our client is a global wholesale business that prides itself in delivering a fantastic service to their customers, resulting in continual growth. They are located in Sydney’s CBD and possess a supportive, dynamic working environment.
This impressive Australian owned business is now looking for a talented, collaborative and driven Finance Manager to join their organisation on a contractual basis (10 months) in order to cover a period of maternity leave and play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of the finance function.
As the Finance Manager you will report directly to a talented, high calibre Commercial Manager with an impressive track record of mentoring and developing their team. This Commercial Manager is currently playing a major role overseeing and coordinating significant business growth. They are operating at a strategic level and need a talented right-hand person to supervise day to day finance operations.
Your role will touch on most elements of accounting, however you will primarily be expected to:
- Manage the day to day financial activities of the organisation
- Supervise, mentor and motivate a team of three staff
- Ensure the timely preparation of monthly accounts including detailed review and analysis of the P&L and balance sheet
- Produce the first draft of the board report
- Australian tax compliance including FBT, GST and payroll tax returns
- Business partnering with stakeholders across the company
- Play a role in projects and value add initiatives as and when they arise
In this position you will quickly become a wider business go-to person for finance related queries.
To be considered for this hands on Finance Manager opportunity, you must meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Have previous staff management experience
- Prior experience working in both Financial and Management Accountant (or equivalent) capacities
- Have experience within the wholesale, FMCG or supply chain industries
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal in order to effectively liaise with stakeholders
- Capability and willingness to roll up your sleeves across all levels of the accounting function
- Proven career track record exhibiting achievement and stability
- Professionally qualified (e.g. CA/CPA or equivalent)
If you are keen to apply for this Finance Manager role, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5645, quoting reference 5388 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.