Our client is a leading, privately held international hospitality and real estate investment business with a focus on boutique and top-flight assets across Asia-Pacific and Europe. With over half of their portfolio based in ANZ, the regional finance team is based in stunning offices in the heart of Sydney’s CBD.
This is a highly regarded business with a high calibre, big 4 trained senior leadership team. They enjoy a culture of success and have exciting plans in place for 2020.
This role will provide exposure across all areas of Financial and Corporate stewardship whilst giving you the opportunity to liaise with senior level executives within the business. As the Corporate Financial Controller you will also have the chance to be involved with a range of interesting projects and process improvement initiatives, adding yet another dimension to this attractive role.
Reporting to the Finance Director, your role as Corporate Financial Controller will see you leading the Corporate Reporting team and taking responsibility for a wide range of finance, analysis and acquisition work including:
- Responsibility for month end close and monthly management reporting
- Monthly cash flow analysis and forecasting for all entities within the group
- Tax computation, analysis and forecasting. Liaison with tax advisors on tax payable, thin capitalization and transfer pricing matters for the group
- Bank debt reporting and adherence to loan covenants
- Preparation of annual budgets and forecast for trusts
- Responsibility for the annual audit process and overall project management delivery for preparation of the statutory accounts
- Be the key point of contact for internal stakeholders on Australian accounting standards
- Ensure all statutory filing obligations (corporate tax returns, GST returns, annual statutory accounts) are met for both jurisdictions (Australia and NZ)
- Assist in acquisition of new assets/divestment of existing assets and financial due diligence
- Liaison in the setting up of new entities & bank accounts
- Assist in bank financing and re-financing
- Financial modelling and analysis including preparation of internal valuations
The successful Corporate Financial Controller will possess strong technical financial knowledge and relevant industry qualifications (e.g. CA/CPA). Importantly you must also have:
- Significant experience working in a Group function
- Exposure to a complex property or hospitality business
- Strong and demonstrated staff management skills
- Demonstrable track record of career stability and progression
Our client will consider those making a step up with significant experience working as a Senior Group Accountant, Finance Manager or Corporate Accountant.
If you are keen to apply for this Corporate Financial Controller role, please contact David Landau at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5641, quoting reference 5575 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.