Our client is an ASX listed organisation with over 40 years of success. They have a great culture which while embraces a professional corporate model, also has strong values aligned to being a medical business. These mean the business embraces ethics and has a strong sense of corporate responsibility. They are a market leader here in Australia, but also have strong revenue streams from overseas.
This role has been newly created to work with the Corporate Head office, analysing and interpreting new regulations. You will be implementing change and be the ‘go to’ person in finance globally regarding these standards. Responsibilities will include:
- Verify data extracted from the Australian management system
- Proactively work with the property team and other personnel to cleanse any inaccurate or invalid lease data in the current Australian lease management system
- Enhance lease data with key regulatory terms to meet the data requirements for upload into a new accounting system, ensuring information is appropriately categorised and accurately recorded
- Provide assistance with transition related activities, including modelling and analysis
- Assist in the implementation, testing and validation of a new accounting system
- Take responsibility for the weekly, monthly, and quarterly accounting tasks, including:
- Preparation and posting all lease related journal entries
- Preparation and distribution of reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts
- Preparing external and internal audit schedules and reporting
- Reconciling actual lease payments against lease payment proposals, and resolving reconciling items
- Reviewing general ledger accounts to ensure completeness of the lease population maintained in the new accounting system
The right person for this challenging role will be CA or CPA qualified, or very close to completion. You will have a keen eye for detail and excellent Excel capability. Candidates will be considered from either a reputable accounting firm, or a commercial accounting background but have experience in projects rolling out new accounting standards. It would be expected you have a minimum of five years local accounting experience. Exceptional English communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-financial people will also be an essential trait of the right person for this role.
If you are keen to find out more about this position, please contact Adele Sycamore at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5647 quoting reference 4754 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.