Our client is a fast growing group of businesses with interests in wholesale, retail and property. This is a small business led by two hands-on Directors who are set to grow exponentially over the coming years. As the Company Accountant, you will enjoy a central position within the organisation and play a crucial role in the development of the company.
As Company Accountant you will ensure the accurate accounting for all companies within the group. These duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring all month-end duties are completed including bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Full ownership of the inventory function
- Accruals and prepayments
- Accounts payable
- Preparation of the P&L for month-end
- Assisting with the annual statutory reporting
- Managing of tax obligations (BAS, FBT and payroll tax)
- Assisting with a number of streamlining projects including Xero implementation and a number of add-ons
- Property management which will include rent, insurances and maintenance booking duties
- Processing of monthly payroll
- Management of the cash flow and bank balances
To be considered for this exciting Company Accountant role, you will have the following:
- Accounting experience with inventory, in a product focussed business
- Experience working in a stand-alone Company Accountant, Finance Manager or Senior Accountant
- Strong general ledger and month-end experience looking after a number of small entities
- Exposure to Xero would be a significant advantage
- Prior experience in a system implementation project will be highly regarded
This role will suit someone with a real passion for driving change and bringing a fresh set of ideas into the business. You will have solid fundamentals in accounting. This is the ideal role for an individual looking for a flexible working arrangement in fast paced and dynamic environment.
If you are keen to apply for this Company Accountant role, please contact Chloe Weldon at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2013, quoting reference 5249 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.