Our client is a prominent medium sized and well respected construction business. With bright modern offices and an energetic culture (including team drinks, lunches and a running club twice a week if you are so inclined) this is a business that represents a great place to work.
This business has been thriving for over 20 years and have built their reputation on innovative design principles, working smart and providing continuous development opportunities for staff members.
Due to a maternity leave, our client is currently on the lookout for a talented Chief Financial Officer for a period of 10 months.
As CFO your role will be broad, varied and hands-on. You will report in to a supportive Group CFO whilst overseeing a team of 1-2 direct staff (Financial Accountant and Accounts Payable).
Your role as CFO will include (but not be limited to):
- Financial management of the NSW business– taking ownership of the balance sheet, p&l, forecasting, cash flow management, variance analysis and more.
- Preparation of BAS & FBT returns and ATO audits
- Statutory reporting and external compliance
- Executing and maintaining the overall strategy for finance
- Providing management information and analysis in relation to budgets, financial performance, and economic evaluation.
- Board reporting with commentary
- Providing support in tendering processes
- Ongoing business partnering with the MD, Group CFO, senior stakeholders and project sites
- Participate and present in monthly senior management meetings
- Oversight and careful review of high value accounts payable (not processing)
- Short term will need to handle payroll (weekly and monthly)
In order to be considered for this Chief Financial Officer role you will meet the majority of the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Recent experience working in a medium sized enterprise in a hands on role
- Prior experience in construction, property development, real estate or similar will be highly regarded but is NOT a pre-requisite by any means
- Skilled Financial Controllers wanting to step up to a broader role with more responsibility are welcome to apply, as are experienced CFO’s
- Excellent communication skills, proven stakeholder management abilities and an upbeat demeanor are pre-requisites to be able to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities
- Availability to start work at short notice (i.e. a week or less) is essential
Our client would prefer someone that is available to start in the next two weeks to ensure a thorough hand over.
If you are keen to apply for this CFO contract role, please contact Tom Hemmings at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5648, quoting reference 4370 or click on 'apply now' below.