Our client is a rapidly expanding wholesale and retail business which has an excellent global reputation for creating highly sought after products that are loved and enjoyed by individuals from all walks of life. With offices around the world and an exciting future ahead, the finance team are now on the lookout for a motivated Assistant Accountant. The finance team is headed up by talented Financial Controller who enjoys mentoring and progressing their team.
As the Assistant Accountant your main responsibility will be supporting the day to day Accounting functions of the business including month end close and reconciliations.
The main duties will include:
- Responsible for month end closing duties including preparing journals, accruals, reports and reconciliations
- Responsible for Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Fixed Assets Accounting; addition, disposal, reconciliation and audit
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate internal control policies and procedures
- Responding to enquiries from both internal and external sources
To be considered for this role, you should possess the following attributes and background:
- Degree qualified and studying towards a post qualification like CPA, CA, CIMA, etc
- Have at least 3 years’ experience at the Assistant Accountant level performing month end reporting duties
- Must have local Australian accounting experience
- Worked for a medium to large organisation using an ERP system
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
If you are keen to find out more about this Assistant Accountant position, please contact Justin Wong at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5646, quoting reference 5696 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.