Our client, founded here in Australia, has grown rapidly and has gone on to become one of the leading names in the technology industry; an instantly recognisable household name with a reach across the country. Headquartered here in Sydney, the company has a diverse offering and is able to provide an excellent environment upon which to really enhance your career. As the successful candidate you will enjoy a vibrant, social working environment and a variety of future internal opportunities to choose from.
As the Assistant Accountant within this high calibre team, your responsibilities will be varied and will incorporate a number of tasks. Reporting directly in to a talented Finance Manager, with a dotted line to the CFO; you will be responsible for:
- Calculation and processing of month-end journals
- Assist with the month-end process
- Multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Fixed asset register accounting
- GST preparation
- Provide support to the Payroll function
- Play a key role in process / systems improvements and project work
- Ad-hoc projects as required
As the ideal candidate you will preferably:
- Be studying towards your CA / CPA qualification (or equivalent) and have experience working in a professional environment
- Have solid fundamental skills in accounting as well as the drive and ambition to succeed in a fast paced and evolving culture
- Have a high level of proficiency in the use of Excel is required in order for you to be successful in this role
In return you will be provided with an excellent basis upon which to progress towards qualification, a great team to learn from, all whilst working within a fun, dynamic and evolving company.
If you are keen to find out more about this Assistant Accountant position, please contact Sol Lehrer at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2012, quoting reference 5672 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.