Our client is a leading retail business with a strong presence across Australia. On offer is a collaborative working environment with an upbeat and open culture. They are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join them as their business continues to grow.
As the Assistant Accountant your role will be broad and varied. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Processing fortnightly payroll payments and liaising with staff on any queries
- Managing the bank reconciliation process
- Processing prompt bank payments and timely allocation of incoming bank receipts
- Preparing weekly cashflow forecasts
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing and payment of suppliers' invoices and reimbursements to employees
- Ensuring prompt and accurate invoicing to customers and accounts are kept within trading terms
- Preparing and dispatching monthly statements to customers and responding to their queries
- Processing month end general journals and assisting with month end close and reporting
- Ensuring timely lodgement and processing of statutory requirements (BAS/Payroll tax/PAYG/Superannuation/FBT)
- Ad hoc duties supporting the wider finance team
To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Have a degree in Accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience working in a small to medium sized company
- Knowledge of payroll within MYOB will be essential
If you are keen to apply for this Assistant Accountant role, please contact Kylie Bonafini at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 2011, quoting reference 5433 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.