Our client is a well-established retail / wholesale business with relatable products. They are focused on offering the best prices and rebates to their customers. They are a small business with modern offices in Southern Sydney and a fun and sociable office culture. You will be working closely with the GM and Finance Manager and have the opportunity to get involved across the business.
As the Assistant Accountant your role will see you looking after a broad set of functions supporting the GM and Finance Manager. The main functions of the role include:
- Managing the day to day accounting transactions
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
- Bank and Credit Card reconciliations
- Petty Cash reconciliation
- Foreign Currency payments
- Reconciliation of Shipment accounts, and end of month prepayment/accrual journals
- Support Finance Manager with bi-annual member rebate processing.
- Support Finance Manager with Profit & Loss, BAS statements, and end of year audit.
Additionally you will have the opportunity to assist the GM with various and interesting projects.
To be successful for this opportunity you must have:
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The enthusiasm and attitude to make the most of the opportunity